CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This past Thursday evening, was something that N has been looking forward to, and talking about for several months now. In the 5th grade at their elementary school, they have an entrepreneur fair. They have to come up with a concept to market and sell, and hopefully make money. They have to pay for any expenses that come along with running your own business, like cost of the product, marketing, rent, etc. A few summers ago, N & M took a craft class from Michael's, and they learned how to make duct tape wallets. After taking hers to school a few months ago, and all the kids asking her how to make them, N came up with her idea for the entrepreneur fair. Duct tape comes in other colors, besides gray and camoflouage. They have neon pink, neon green (N's 2 favorite), purple, blue, yellow, white, & red. N made $75!! She and a good friend of hers did their booth together. Her friend sold record bowls. The name of their shop was N & E's 80's Shop. Both of their concepts were a big hit, and they sold out towards the end of the night.


N, making more wallets, while her "customer" browses the record bowls.




Their booth.

4 comments:

Raylene said...

Good job on the blog. Mine is seriously lacking in any up-to-daete stuff right now because we are in the middle of clearing out the basement to finish it. This means very little computer time- and actually we are going to have to move the computer up to bedroom for a couple months. Bresnan is coming today to set up the motem up there. Costs $25 each time they move it! To let people know about my blog, I just sent out an email to people I thought might want to look with the address. Plus, I put it on my yearly card.

We are having a boy. Rayann is pretty disappointed. She is still holding out for a girl, but I think she will be disappointed.
My legs are pretty bad. They are ugly and painful. I'm definitely going to look into fixing them when I'm done.

Good job on the blog!

Candi said...

Hi Jennie,

Raylene pointed me towards your blog. Hope you don't mind me peeking. Boy, your family is sure growing up. I guess it's been a while, but I'm losing track of time anymore.

That entrepreneur fair sounds like such a fun idea. I'm sure they all had a blast.

I just started my own blog as well. If you enjoy reading about other peoples lives as well as I do feel free to come on over: http://candinicholls.blogspot.com/

Raylene said...

Nice new look! I still haven't learned much about adjusting the backgrounds and stuff. Soccer starts tonight. Yikes! We've got 3 different teams to keep up on. Not looking forward to the next 6 weeks!

Camille said...

YAY for bloggers! Welcome to the club! Love you guys.